Authentication of English Documents

According to the regulations set forth by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in New York is authorized to legalize English documents bearing the seal of the United States Department of State in Washington, D.C. only


The Royal Thai Consulate-General in New York can legalize documents that are originally done in the Consulate's Jurisdiction only, which are New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Connecticut.

Required Documentation :

1. Legalization Petition Form

Adobe Acrobat document [39.7 KB]

2. A requested letter signed by a company's authorized officer. The said letter should be printed with company letterhead, address and contact numbers. A list of documents that are enclosed and the purpose of usage should be stated clearly in the contents of the letter.


3. Original documents and a copy of the passport or identification card or driver's license of the owner of documents are needed to be the purpose of usage should be stated in the contents of the letter.


4. The said Notary Public's seal and signature must be authenticated and signed by the Secretary of State in the state where the Notary Public is located, by certifying the Notary's current status.


5. The documents need to be authenticated by the Office of Authentications, U.S. Department of State.

(Examples of documents that have been certified by the Office of Authentication,

U.S. Department of State.)


6. A copy of all pages included the certified letter from the Secretary of State and U.S. Department of State.


7. A consular office may request additional documents as necessary.

Fees Per Stamp: $15.00.-

Payment could be made by cash only

<< New text box >>

payable to :

Royal Thai Consulate General New York 

351 East 52 Street New York, NY 10022

and Your full name and address on the Money Order.

Submission by Mail :

1. Send the above documents to the Royal Thai Consulate-General New York

2. Payment could be made by cashier's check or money order payable to "The Royal Thai Consulate-General New York"

3. A self-addressed envelope with a prepaid stamp is required in order to mail the document back to you. (USPS Express Mail Only)

Remarks :

Please note that the Royal Thai Consulate-General assumes no responsibility for the contents of the document. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in New York shall not be responsible for the mishandling of any mail services, such as the loss or damage of the documents.


Legalization Division

351 East 52 Street New York, NY 10022

Tel. 212-754-1770 ext. 301

(during business hours, Mon-Fri 10.00 am - 12.00 pm 

and 1.00 pm - 3.30 pm)



โทร. ๖๔๖-๘๔๒-๐๘๖๔


Office Hours

Monday - Friday

10.00 am - 12.00 pm and

1.00 pm - 3.30 pm

'Follow' our Facebook to get updates of the Consulate's activities

The number of our visitors


Print | Sitemap