* Apply and process in person only!
* No appointment required
INSTRUCTION FOR OBTAINING E-PASSPORT
Applicant must apply for an e-passport in person at the Royal Thai Consulates General or at the Mobile Consular Units because his/her biometric data, such as finger prints, must be collected in contactless integrated circuit.
- An e-passport application form
- An old passport with one photocopy.
- Actual Thai Identification Card that has 13 digit number with one photocopy.
- Application Fee 35.00$ (Cash only)
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS :
E-Passport for applicants who are under 20 years old
- Thai Birth Certificate
- Parent’s passports or Thai Identification Cards with one photocopy
- Marriage Certificate of parents with one photocopy
- Parents are required to give their consents on the application form.
For an applicant who is a Government Official/student under supervision of Civil Service Commission (CSC)
- Letter from the Office of Civil Service Commission granting permission to continue studying in the U.S.
For an applicant who is Buddhist monk
- Approval letter from the Sangha Supreme Council, Office of National Buddhism
- Identity Booklet for Buddhist Monk
HOW TO RECEIVE PASSPORT
1. Applicant may receive his/her passport at the Royal Thai Consulate General or at the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, BKK by himself/herself, showing the receipt. However, the applicant’ representative may receive his/her passport, showing a power of attorney together with the receipt and an ID card of the representative.
2. Applicant may request the Royal Thai Consulate General to mail his/her passport, providing us with Express Mail $24.70 (cash).
All documents and biometric data of applicants have to be sent to the Foreign Ministryin Bangkok to produce passports and then the passports will be sent to the Royal Thai Consulate General. Processing time is about 4-5 weeks.
click here for THAI PASSPORT information