LONG STAY (O-X) : LIVING A RETIREMENT LIFE IN THAILAND OR TRAVEL TO THAILAND FOR A LONG STAY
- Three completed original visa application forms
- $400 visa application fee (Multiple Entries)
- An applicant must be a national and a passport holder of eligible country, namely; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada and United States.
- An applicant is not prohibited from entering the Kingdom of Thailand as stated in the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
- An applicant does not have criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
- An applicant must have the nationality of or residence in the country where an application is being submitted.
- An applicant does not have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis, and Third Phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.
- An original passport with a validity date at least eighteen months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in Thailand and has at least one completely empty page for visa purpose
- Three copies of passport with a validity date at least eighteen months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in Thailand
- A copy of US permanent resident card or a copy of valid US visa with an employment verification letter or a proof of student status letter
- Three 2"x 2" passport-type photographs
- Photographs should be of the full-face view, head and shoulders only against a light background
- Print the name of the person on the back of the photographs
- Evidence of sufficient funds is required.
- A copy of bank statement (must be from Thai financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 million Thai baht. Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa and keep at no less than 1.5 million Thai Baht thereafter.
- A copy of bank statement (must be from Thai financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1.8 million Thai baht and proof of annual income of not less than 1.2 million Thai baht.
- Three copies of criminal record (1 original and 2 copies) in good conduct issued by local police, state police department, or Federal Bureau of Investigation. The record issued by a private business providing background check service may be accepted if conducted by an FBI-Approved Channeler. Verification must be recent, not more than three months (Online criminal record without an authorized signature is unacceptable.).
- Three copies of medical certificate (1 original and 2 copies) form completed by a doctor in the country of application reporting no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535). The certificate forms must be valid for not more than three months.
- Health Insurance for Long Stay Visa is required for the duration of stay. Coverage requirements for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 Thai baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 Thai baht.
- Three copies of flight confirmation or reservation indicates your itinerary for your stay in Thailand
- Three copies of evidence of accommodation for your stay in Thailand
A consular officer reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserves the right to reject any application without any explanations.
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 10 year without the intention of working.
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (total 10 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
If an application wishes for a spouse who is not eligible for an O-X visa to accompany the applicant to Thailand, a marriage certificate is to provided along with required documentation listed above.
If an applicant wishes for accompanying legal child/adoption child (who are under 20 years old), a birth certificate/adoption order must be provided as evidence along with his/her passport, application forms, proof of insurance plan, and visa application fee.
In the case where spouse and legal child/adoption child are not eligible to apply for the Category ‘O-X’ (Long Stay) visa, he/she would apply for Category ‘O’ or “O-A”(Long stay) or “ED” (for child) visa.
Any supporting materials containing foreign language submitted to the consulate shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which a translator and an embassy have certified as complete and accurate.
ขอความร่วมมือคนไทยในนิวยอร์กและรัฐใกล้เคียงกรอกแบบสำรวจข้อมูลในการจัดทำ "Thai Yellow Pages"
If you have any inquiry about a visa, Please call 212-754-1770 Ext.303 during business hour
Mon-Fri 9.00 am.-12.30 pm.